lellow jello

27 April 2007

to be or not to be...whole wheat

for a special occasion dinner, i decided to make greek food last night, which i haven't made in a while. the menu included my regular greek spread (hee hee, greek spread...get it? nevermind): hummus, tabbouleh salad, couscous, halloumi, and flatbread. i've been trying to be a little healthier in my eating choices, but not trying to force it (too hard) on EVERYONE who eats with me (just the one who eats with me every night). so i made a batch of regular white flatbread, and a batch of whole wheat flat bread. the whole wheat flat bread ended up looking like chocolate chip cookies, which was quite deceiving! i half expected them to taste sweet (even though i knew all i put in it was primarily yeast, flour, and water). anyhoo, given the mindset that it wasn't a cookie, it was pretty good. i think it actually sold better than the white...but my dinner mates tend to be on the healthier side, i think. so i haven't been a huge fan of the whole wheat persuasion most of my life, but i think i'm making nice strides towards being a bit less prejudice. what a happy thought!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger shana said...

yummy! i'm so jealous...who were your dinner mates? how many points were your whole wheat pitas??? it's about time you had a new post...tee-hee. love ya! *=)

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J--the bread looks so yummy. It was SO great to see you on our recent trip back home. Would love to try the wholewheat pita bread, I am obsessed with wholewheat. Thank you so much again for the scrapbook (you know me very well because pictures are my favorite!). Miss you already! Love, Deborah

11:25 AM  
Blogger Susanne said...

great looking pitas! hmmm...reminds me i was supposed to give you the pita recipe from my cooking class, guess you don't kneed (hehe) it anymore :)

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home